Who is PBI?
Postural Bodyworks Institute, or PBI, is a massage therapy instructional program located in Montgomery.
Anthony Allegro and Jacob Laputka, our massage instructors and Alabama Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT), co-founded PBI in 2012.
Goal & Mission
At PBI, our goal is to prepare aspiring students of massage for rewarding careers in the field of massage and bodywork.
The genesis of PBI dates to 2003 when Hands On Healing, our sister company, began operations as a provider of therapeutic massage and bodywork for clients in Montgomery.
Due to the difficulty of finding qualified therapists to work in our private massage practice, we initiated an in-house employee training program.
Over a period of five years, we also provided continuing education and training for licensed therapists.
Nine years later, PBI emerged as a natural outgrowth of the quality and scope of our in-house training and success as providers of CE.
Careers in Massage
The massage industry is a fast-growing field in need of qualified therapists.
The vast array of career paths include:
- Working in a spa or salon
- Specializing with doctors and chiropractors
- Owning your own business
Career objectives for a therapist might include:
- Helping people relax and de-stress
- Pain relief for chronic sufferers
- Maximizing athletic performance
- Making an impact in the medical field
Regardless of your career choice as a massage therapist, PBI offers:
- An education grounded in theory and practice
- Practical skills that clients appreciate
- Advanced skills required for employment
- Opportunities for a positive return on education investment
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”~ Bruce Lee
Click an image to view slideshow.